- Enthusiastically represent The Community YMCA by displaying a positive attitude, maintaining a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job through the four character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Under the direct supervision of the Senior Aquatics Director, the Aquatics Safety Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, on-boarding and training lifeguard staff. The primary responsibilities of this position include instructing certification courses for the community and CYMCA staff members, conducting in-service trainings and performing "quick checks" and drop drills.
- Create a schedule for, and teach lifeguard certification courses open to the community to meet budgetary goals.
- Recruit and thoroughly on-board lifeguard staff members to facility policies and procedures.
- Conduct 2 monthly in-service trainings for lifeguard staff at The Family Health & Wellness Center and Camp Zehnder to ensure staff member’s skills are satisfactory.
- Schedule and instruct quarterly CPR/AED/ First Aid certification courses for Community YMCA staff members.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all certifications, drills and trainings.
- Perform DROP drills and quick checks once for every 40 hours a lifeguard is on duty and provide remediation as needed.
- Values, Communication, Developing Others, Quality Results, Relationships and Community
- Current American Red Cross lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED and oxygen administration certifications.
- Current American Red Cross lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED and oxygen instructor level certifications.
- Online Child Abuse Prevention within 30 days of employment
- Online Bloodborne Pathogens Training within 60 days of employment
- Online Safe Lifting and Slips, Trips and Falls Training within 90 days of employment
- The Community YMCA New Team Member Orientation within 90 days of employment
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed